Farmers' Equipment Museum
The museum is situated on a former farm, the museum paints a vivid portrait of the far-reaching changes that farming has seen in the last 200 years. A permanent exhibition in the former barn focuses on tillage, cattle breeding and motorization in agriculture. Changing special exhibitions deal with the history and development of folklore, the natural environment and crafts.
Niemes and Prachatitz Museum of Local History
The Niemes-Prachatitz Museum of Local History in the Pedellhaus harbours the collections of the town of Niemes in northern Bohemia and the Bohemian Forest district of Prachatitz. Serving as the Bavarian Universityâ€™s caretaker house from 1472 to 1800, the restored Pedellhaus and its six rooms of exhibits give visitors insight into Niemes and Prachatitz denizensâ€™ way of life.
Exceptional artefacts found in the Ingolstadt region bear witness to all eras of prehistory and early history. Highlights include the City Museumâ€™s finds from the Celtic settlement of Manching, as well as Ingolstadtâ€™s famous amber necklace. The Middle Ages marked Ingolstadtâ€™s heyday as a ducal residence and Bavariaâ€™s first university city. An original model from 1571 introduces visitors to the cityâ€™s medieval layout.
The City Museum provides a vivid account of princely prestige, pomp and civic pride, and the cityâ€™s heritage of learning, artistry and piety. King Gustavus Adolphusâ€™ white horse, Ingolstadtâ€™s famed trophy from the Thirty Years War, attests to the fortress townâ€™s martial history. The handcraft department traces how Ingolstadt became an industrial town, with a walking reconstructed snuff stamper. The contemporary history department illustrates this evolution with a monument to the victims of National Socialism.
The fascination of toys The Toy Museum presents typical toys for girls and boys, such as doll rooms, knightsâ€™ castles and tin soldiers made to be played with rather than merely displayed. Two MĂ¤rklin model railways (00 and H0 tracks) ride the rails from 1.30 to 4.30 p.m. on the first and third Sunday of each month.