New Castle Ingolstadt
The New Castle (Neues Schloss), which was used as an arsenal as far back as the 18th and 19th centuries, now houses the Bavarian Army Museum. The Altes Zeughaus arsenal is currently empty and the Army Museum's repair workshops are housed in the castle outbuildings.
Today, 17 richly decorated cannons in the castle courtyard reflect the scale of the weapons arsenal at that time. Two of the oldest of these exhibits belonging to the Bavarian Army Museum comprise a set of double cannons from the years 1524/25 which go by the names of "Scherer" and "Schererin". The first weighs 9,690 pounds, the second 9,395 pounds.