Seite wird geladen...
This magnificent Late Baroque edifice was built in 1723 and designed by Gabriel de Gabrieli. Directly adjoining the building is a botanical garden – the "hortus medico botanicus". It contains an abundance of medicinal plants and a sensory garden that is accessible to people with disabilities.
Today, the Anatomical Institute, which is built in the style of an orangery, is home to the German Museum of the History of Medicine. A collection of utensils, medical instruments, tools, devices and written documents recounts the history of medicine from classical antiquity to the present day.
The museum, café and garden remain closed from 1st of October until 1st of November 2020.
The garden of medicinal plants can be visited free of charge during museum opening hours.