The medieval city wall's towered gateways
A part of the round tower from the first wall surrounding the city in the 13th century can still be seen next to the Herzogskasten. A brick wall with 87 towers, three kilometres in length and crowned with battlements and fortified gateways, was built around the growing city from 1363 and was later reinforced by bastions which were placed in front. Large parts of the second wall around the city, completed in 1430, have survived. The Kreuztor, the Münzbergturm, the Feldkirchener Tor and the Taschenturm are especially worth seeing.